Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Don't Give Up Shouting His Name

Mark 10:46-48
46They spent some time in Jericho. As Jesus was leaving town, trailed by his disciples and a parade of people, a blind beggar by the name of Bartimaeus, son of Timaeus, was sitting alongside the road. 47When he heard that Jesus the Nazarene was passing by, he began to cry out, "Son of David, Jesus! Mercy, have mercy on me!" 48Many tried to hush him up, but he yelled all the louder, "Son of David! Mercy, have mercy on me!"


This blind man is like us. We will try to shout the name of Jesus to everyone, but not everyone is going to hear it, not everyone is going to like it, some may even tell us to "hush up." It's not easy to share God's words, but like this blind man, we must shout even louder.

Sometimes I want to be able to share God's words. Sometimes I don't because I'm afraid, other times I don't have an opportunity. When God lets me share His words, there are going to be times when no one listens. They will turn a head towards you, but you must shout His name even louder. Don't give up when share His words. Although some may tell you to quit talking about Jesus, you have to not give up.

Father God, I thank you for what you have done for me. I want to give you all the praises. Lord, I pray that you be with me. Holy Spirit give me strength to share your words. Let me be a witness to you so that I may shout your name. Lord, I thank you for this blessing you have given me. Let me not give up when I share to others that you are my Lord. I want to give you all the glory. I want to pray for your kingdom on earth, that it multiply. Lord I give it all to you.
Amen.

No comments: