Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Authority Responsibility & God

Numbers 27:18-21
18GOD said to Moses, "Take Joshua the son of Nun--the Spirit is in him!-and place your hand on him. 19Stand him before Eleazar the priest in front of the entire congregation and commission him with everyone watching. 20Pass your magisterial authority over to him so that the whole congregation of the People of Israel will listen obediently to him. 21He is to consult with Eleazar the priest who, using the oracle-Urim, will prayerfully advise him in the presence of GOD. He will command the People of Israel, the entire community, in all their comings and goings."


This is the point where Moses must leave the people of Israel, but he is leaving behind someone to help them as he has helped them. He is going to leave Joshua in charge of everything. Young Joshua has been following Moses around and now, it is his turn to take on this responsibility of taking care of God's people. In front of everyone, Moses lays his hands on Joshua and gives him the authority so that he will be the leader of the people.

As leaders, I can relate to the way that Joshua might be feeling at this time. I can relate to him because so much responsibility is placed in front of him. Moses has some big shoes to fill. Joshua needs to step up to the plate to accomplish everything, but God says to consult with him and everything will be o.k. Only in God can I get wisdom to do something so big as what he did. On with God can it feel alright to take up so much responsibility, because God is wisdom, God is strength, God is encouragement. Without God, leadership is unbearable.

Father God, I thank you. I thank you for you are with me. Lord, I want to praise your name for all you have done in my life. You have blessed me so much that I can't give you enough praises and thanks. Lord, I thank you for giving me strength, I thank you for giving me wisdom, I thank you for just being there for me when I need you. Lord, I thank you for what you have done for me. I thank you for being there when responsibility is taken up, you have been there for support, for guidance. Lord, let me keep this verse in my heart and let it let me grow closer to you. I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: