Friday, February 09, 2007

Uncomparable... Living God

"So to whom will you compare me, the Incomparable?
Can you picture me without reducing me?
People with a lot of money
hire craftsmen to make them gods.
The artisan delivers the god,
and they kneel and worship it!
They carry it around in holy parades,
then take it home and put it on a shelf.
And there it sits, day in and day out,
a dependable god, always right where you put it.
Say anything you want to it, it never talks back.
Of course, it never does anything either! Isaiah 46:5-7

There are two parts of this passage that speaks to me. The first part is how do we compare God, who is perfect in every way, beauty beyond beauty, nothing on earth or in Heaven can be like Him. He is incomparable. That is how great and awesome He is. The second thing about this passage is that we serve a living God. We have a relationship with Him. Others' idol are materials, things they carry around, things they worship, never doing anything, never talking back. It reminds me of us humans being satisfied. We want a god that we can worship to our liking. If it can tell us we are wrong and we are bad, then we toss that god out the window. My God is my living God. He speaks to me and me to Him. I know he will tell me the wrongs of my life, but I accept that and grow more in Him.

I know God is unbelievable, awesome is His honly name. There is nothing, no words would tell of His true grace and glory. That is His praise. I also know that I can speak to Him, and He can speak to me. We interact with each other. My God is a living God.

Father, I give you all the praise. Nothing can describe your beauty, your glory, your grace. You are truely a perfect God. I give you honor and praises. I can't imagine your full glory. I know that you are my living God and I worship you. You are always dependable, not because you are where I need you, but you are with me every step of my life. I walk with you, and I thank you for your spirit. I give you all the glory, and I pray that you make me into a witness for you. I give you glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: