Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Personal God

But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you. Isaiah 43:1-4

My God is not a god of the faith and religion, but a God that I can get personal with. He is not someone out there watching over me, but one that walks with me everyday. He is always there when I need Him. He is a personal God.

I know that God will always be there with me. When I do prayer, He is with me. When I spend time in His words, He is with me. He is a personal God who does not just tells me what to do, but one that does it with me, walking with me, helping me as I stumble, being there for me as I live for Him.

Lord, I want to thank you and praise you because you are MY Personal God. I walk with you everyday. I spend time with you everyday. You are closer to me than I can imagine. I want to thank you for being with me, even as I stumble and sin, you are there for me to help me get back up. I thank you and I praise your Holy name. I give you all the glory, Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: