Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Others' Passion, Your Testimony

37"Arrange it," they said, "so that we will be awarded the highest places of honor in your glory—one of us at your right, the other at your left."

38Jesus said, "You have no idea what you're asking. Are you capable of drinking the cup I drink, of being baptized in the baptism I'm about to be plunged into?"

39-40"Sure," they said. "Why not?"

Jesus said, "Come to think of it, you will drink the cup I drink, and be baptized in my baptism. But as to awarding places of honor, that's not my business. There are other arrangements for that."

41-45When the other ten heard of this conversation, they lost their tempers with James and John. Jesus got them together to settle things down. "You've observed how godless rulers throw their weight around," he said, "and when people get a little power how quickly it goes to their heads. It's not going to be that way with you. Whoever wants to be great must become a servant. Whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. That is what the Son of Man has done: He came to serve, not to be served—and then to give away his life in exchange for many who are held hostage." Mark 10:37-45

James and John wanted to be close to Jesus. They had a heart to be near Him. But, the other disciples got mad at them for this. They were jealous of their passion for God. Sometimes you can be Jealous of people owning fancy things, but you can also get jealous over other people doing things and having a passion for God. This shouldn't be the case. Let others' passion be your testimony so that you may also be as passionate for the Lord.

I know that sometimes, you see other people doing so many things for the Lord. Sometimes you see other people giving up so much and God blesses them with His glory, but then you feel like "what about me?" and "why can't God bless me like that, he/she doesn't deserve to be so blessed." This is a sin to think that way. Like in God's parable, who are we to tell Him who to bless and who not to. I don't want to think that way, instead to feel like God has done something good in others, I want to be like them and have God's blessings on me as well. Not to put others down, but to know God's compassion and pray that he will do the same with you.

Lord, I thank you and give you all the glory. I thank you for all the blessings that you have given to me, as well as the blessings you have poured out on the whole church, my friends and family, and everything else you have done for everyone. Let me not be jealous of others' blessings, but I want the same, let me have the passion like others. I thank you for this word that it may change my heart. I thank you and give you all the glory. In Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey al,
this is diandra by the way. you're quite inspiring =)