Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Give Up The Flesh

21Jesus looked him hard in the eye—and loved him! He said, "There's one thing left: Go sell whatever you own and give it to the poor. All your wealth will then be heavenly wealth. And come follow me."

22The man's face clouded over. This was the last thing he expected to hear, and he walked off with a heavy heart. He was holding on tight to a lot of things, and not about to let go. Mark 10:21-22

I like how the message bible states verse 22 "he was holding on tight to a lot of things,and not about to let go." How true is it to not let go when you have it all. God doesn't want us to NOT be wealthy, but he wants it to also not be between us and Him. If He asks us to give it up, then we should be able to do it. Sure, I know for a fact that it will be tough, the flesh will eat away at our spirit, fighting to not let go, but our Father in Heaven will give us strength to let go.

I have to fight my flesh, not only when it comes to material possessions, but to everything else. Material goods is only one part of the flesh that can pull you down. I know sometimes I think materialistic, it may not be as bad as being greedy, but it's also not up to His standard of obedience. I need to learn to obey God and fight my flesh.

Father God, I give praises to your Holy name. Lord, I pray that you give me strength to fight my flesh of earthly materials and obey You when I give my WHOLE self to you, Lord. I pray that you be with me, give me strength Father. Please forgive me of my sins that I have done to you, any disobedience that I have committed against you, Lord. I thank you for your son Jesus my Christ for dying on that cross for my sins. I give my whole life for Him. Let me have your words in my heart and let me live by it, Lord. In Your Holy name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: