Sunday, February 18, 2007

Share The News

Mark 1:41-45
41Deeply moved, Jesus put out his hand, touched him, and said, "I want to. Be clean." 42Then and there the leprosy was gone, his skin smooth and healthy. 43Jesus dismissed him with strict orders: 44"Say nothing to anyone. Take the offering for cleansing that Moses prescribed and present yourself to the priest. This will validate your healing to the people." 45But as soon as the man was out of earshot, he told everyone he met what had happened, spreading the news all over town. So Jesus kept to out-of-the-way places, no longer able to move freely in and out of the city. But people found him, and came from all over.


When this man was healed by Jesus, Jesus told the man to not say anything to anyone, but to go to the priest to verify that you are healed. When the man left, he couldn't help but tell anyone and everyone how Jesus had healed him. Sometimes we need to listen to Jesus, but our joy for what he had done can't be contained. Sometimes, we might not have enough joy or gratitude to even say anything at all.

This man has shouted out that he was healed. When he was healed, he told everyone he met that Jesus the master had healed him. When Jesus does something for me, do I tell the world. Who am I sharing His blessings with? I should be telling everyone I know about how great Jesus is. Why am I keeping His love and goodness all to myself?

Father God, I thank you for your son Jesus Christ for dying on the cross for my sins. I thank you and praise your holy name. I thank you for all the blessings that you have poured on me. Let me not keep this joy I have to myself, but to share it with everyone that You are God. I thank you and let this rhema move me and let me shine for you, Lord. I thank you and give you all the glory, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: