Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Provider

Exodus 25:23-29
23"Next make a Table from acacia wood. Make it three feet long, one and one-half feet wide and two and one-quarter feet high. 24Cover it with a veneer of pure gold. Make a molding all around it of gold. 25Make the border a handbreadth wide all around it and a rim of gold for the border. 26Make four rings of gold and attach the rings to the four legs 27parallel to the table top. They will serve as holders for the poles used to carry the Table. 28Make the poles of acacia wood and cover them with a veneer of gold. They will be used to carry the Table.

29"Make plates, bowls, jars, and jugs for pouring out offerings. Make them of pure gold.


God told Moses to tell the Isrealites to make offerings for Him. These offerings were made into chests, tables, etc. All of these were made with ALOT of pure gold. Pure gold, something that is scarce now, something that was scarce back then, yet they had it and were willing to give it up to make into a sacrafice for the Lord. How did the Isrealites have pure gold with them? Because God provided. They started off free slaves, now they had gold. Sometimes things look like slavery, or that you just overcame something and got out of slavery, but God will provide, he will provide gold, the finest of treasures for you.

I know that the Lord will provide me with what I need. He has provided even the birds with food for tomorrow. He will provide me with blessings. When I feel like I can't go on, He will provide strength. When I feel that I don't know how, He will provide knowledge. When I feel scared, He will provide courage. My God will provide and with what He provides, I can give back.

Lord I praise your holy name. I give you all the honor and glory. Father, I thank you for providing me with so much. I am so blessed to have a great family, to have great friends, to have great leaders to look up to. Lord, I thank you because you have provided for me, and I pray that you will always provide for me because you will never forsake me. Lord, I thank you for what you have done. Let me give back to you for all the blessings that you have given to me. Lord, I pray that you give me a heart to give back to others and to you. Let me not be selfish and stingy, because that is where my heart may stray off to. Lord, let me know your glory. Let me know when you speak to me. I thank you and give you all the honor and glory.
Amen.

No comments: