Friday, February 16, 2007

Love Your Stangers

Exodus 23:9
9"Don't take advantage of a stranger. You know what it's like to be a stranger; you were strangers in Egypt.

This verse was also stated in Exodus 22. It came to me that this law, stated twice, has so much importance to it. God is saying that strangers are not stangers at all, but all are within the body of Christ, or accepted into the body of Christ. All strangers are still treated like brother and sister. All strangers were like you, lost without God. Everyone has sinned and was without God, so like the golder rule is, treat others as you want to be treated. Don't take advantage of others.

I need to uphold this law that God gave to a high standard. Sometimes I would hold different standard for someone else as I would myself, say, with Ginger. But, it shouldn't be that way. I should hold true what I want for myself for other people as well. I can't treat others without respect if I want to be treated with respect. I can't take advantage of others if I wouldn't want to be taken advantage of. I need to hold myself to this rule.

Lord, I thank you for your law of others. I thank you for the rhema that I may be able to uphold your law. I pray that you give me wisdom and guidance to do this in your name. I pray that you be with me and let me not do to others what I wouldn't want to be done to me. Let me love my neighbors. Let me be a witness of Christ Jesus. I thank you for all these things and I give you all the glory.
Amen.

No comments: