Thursday, February 15, 2007

Laws and Compassion

Exodus 22:21-24
21"Don't abuse or take advantage of strangers; you, remember, were once strangers in Egypt.

22
"Don't mistreat widows or orphans. 23If you do and they cry out to me, you can be sure I'll take them most seriously; 24I'll show my anger and come raging among you with the sword, and your wives will end up widows and your children orphans.


These were the laws of the days in the old testament. These were things that you should do and not to do, with their respective consequences. God, here, is one that is just, telling the people also what is just. He is expects us to do what is just, but when things are not done, then He will step in and make things right.

I know that God is a fair and just God. What He says goes. He wants laws for us so that we may live a right and organized life. If there were no laws, then anything and everything under the sun would go wrong. Anything could happen. If you go against God's laws, then you will have to deal with Him.

Lord, I thank you for your Holy name. I want to give your praise for everything you have done for me. I pray that this word of the law, of how just you are, will show me compassion for others. You are the one who was compassion first, and let me also be just and compassionate to others. Let me know your word so that I may know you. I pray that this rhema give me strength. I pray that you wash my sins with your blood, making me worthy of praising You. I want to thank you, Lord. I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: