Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Passion That Pleases You

"This is the kind of fast day I'm after:
to break the chains of injustice,
get rid of exploitation in the workplace,
free the oppressed,
cancel debts.
What I'm interested in seeing you do is:
sharing your food with the hungry,
inviting the homeless poor into your homes,
putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad,
being available to your own families.
Do this and the lights will turn on,
and your lives will turn around at once.
Your righteousness will pave your way.
The God of glory will secure your passage.
Then when you pray, God will answer.
You'll call out for help and I'll say, 'Here I am.' Isaiah 58:6-9

This is yet another example of how God will grant us His blessings if we do what he wants. This is the way that He wants us to do it. Not without grumbling, or pain, or complaining, but it is about the heart, the way that we do it. With love and compassion, with caring and emotions, with a heart-felt kind hearted way of wanting to do it. This is God's will. This is what pleases Him.

I want to please God in what I do. The way I do it is the way my heart is in it. If I do things without pleasure, it is not pleasing to God. I need to do His will with a willing heart. I need to make His ways my ways. I want to be able to give my whole heart in it, with passion.

Lord, I give your Holy name all the praises. I give all honor to you. I want to have a passion to serve you without all the complaining, without all the grumbling, without my own heart, but a heart after your own will. I pray that I be able to give you my heart with all my passion, to do things all in your name. I give you thanks and all my praises. All the glory goes you You. I pray this all in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: