Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Know You Are Here

"Who talked you into the pursuit of this nonsense,
leaving me high and dry,
forgetting you ever knew me?
Because I don't yell and make a scene
do you think I don't exist?
I'll go over, detail by detail, all your 'righteous' attempts at religion,
and expose the absurdity of it all.
Go ahead, cry for help to your collection of no-gods:
A good wind will blow them away.
They're smoke, nothing but smoke.

"But anyone who runs to me for help
will inherit the land,
will end up owning my holy mountain!" Isaiah 57:11-13

God is always there whenever you need Him as well as there even though you don't need Him. Although He doesn't show Himself in majestic manners does not mean that he is gone. He is still there, with you at your side. If you go running to Him, He will encounter you. He will receive you in His arms. If you acknowledge Him, He will embrace you.

I know that God is always with me. Sometimes I forget that He is there, but that does not mean that He is gone. I want to always know that He is with me. His spirit is with me all the time. If I recognize His presence, then I will draw closer to Him. I need to be able to always talk to my God, even where there is no worshiping or praying, just know that He is there.

Father God, I thank you and praise your Holy name. I want to know that you are there. I want to know that you are always with me. I pray that you give me a spirit for your presence. I want to always know that you are with me even when you are not making a big scene. I want to be able to speak to you even when your spirit is not exploding in this place, so that I may grow more in You. I thank you for this word that you have given me. I give you thanks and honor. I pray that you make me holy Lord, for I want to be Holy in your presence. I pray that you forgive me for all the sins that tarnish my heart, that it be wiped away with Your blood. I thank you so much Lord. I thank you so much. Let me know you this week. I give you all the honor and all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: