Thursday, February 01, 2007

Put Your Heart Into It

The Master said:

"These people make a big show of saying the right thing,
but their hearts aren't in it.
Because they act like they're worshiping me
but don't mean it,
I'm going to step in and shock them awake,
astonish them, stand them on their ears.
The wise ones who had it all figured out
will be exposed as fools.
The smart people who thought they knew everything
will turn out to know nothing." Isaiah 29:13-14

Sometimes it is true how I feel when I am worshiping God. Sometimes it feels like I am not really worshiping Him. My mind might be on something else, my heart might not be focused on Him. Sometimes I am just singing, but not WORSHIPING. I need to put my heart into it, whatever I do, I do it with all my heart.

This rhema shows me that sometimes I could focus on Him more. I need to put my heart into everything I do for the Lord. Even worshiping, I need to put my heart into worship. I can't be going through the motions. Worshiping is like singing to the Lord, you don't just sing it without any emotions, but with all your heart.

Lord, I thank you for your word. I know that I need to give you my heart. I give you all the glory when I do all things in your name. I want to give you my worship, praise you with all my heart. I thank you for the time I spend with you. I thank you for the blessings you always give to me, watching over me. I want to pray that you give me strength and always walk with you.
Amen.

No comments: