Friday, February 02, 2007

Gotta Listen To Everything

So, go now and write all this down.
Put it in a book
So that the record will be there
to instruct the coming generations,
Because this is a rebel generation,
a people who lie,
A people unwilling to listen
to anything God tells them.
They tell their spiritual leaders,
"Don't bother us with irrelevancies."
They tell their preachers,
"Don't waste our time on impracticalities.
Tell us what makes us feel better.
Don't bore us with obsolete religion.
That stuff means nothing to us.
Quit hounding us with The Holy of Israel." Isaiah 30 8-11

I can just imagine people saying this. It is human nature to want what we desire. It is human nature to just please our own flesh, but that is not God's words. His words are to get rid of our flesh, to do what we don't want to. To die to ourselves. If we only listen to what we want to listen to, then what good will it do for us. We are only pleasing ourselves that way, we are not pleasing God.

I know that there are going to be times that God speaks things that I feel like not listening to, but that is no excuse to not listen to Him. I know that I have to listen to his words, and let Him take over my life. I need to allow His Spirit to move me. I need to listen and obey His words.

Lord, I thank you for your Holy Spirit. I thank you for your word of obedience of your words. I know that I have to listen not just for what I want, but for everything that you speak to me about. I thank you for your rhema and let me be guided by your words, Lord. I thank you for this time spending in your presence. I pray that you be with me and give me strength to walk with you, Lord. In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: