Sunday, February 04, 2007

Prayer Leads To Strength

25-27Seeing that the crowd was forming fast, Jesus gave the vile spirit its marching orders: "Dumb and deaf spirit, I command you—Out of him, and stay out!" Screaming, and with much thrashing about, it left. The boy was pale as a corpse, so people started saying, "He's dead." But Jesus, taking his hand, raised him. The boy stood up.

28After arriving back home, his disciples cornered Jesus and asked, "Why couldn't we throw the demon out?"

29He answered, "There is no way to get rid of this kind of demon except by prayer." Mark 9:25-29

Prayer is such a powerful thing. Prayer is to be closer to God. Only with prayer can you spiritually be ready for the attacks that the devil comes at you. Jesus says that with prayer, you have power.

I know that I need more prayer, I need to spend more time in God's presence. Prayer is something that I struggle with. I know that the more time I spend in prayer, the more I get closer to Him. I need to have my standard of prayer be higher, to but high enough that God will be pleased with the time we spend together talking.

Lord, I thank you and praise your awesome name. I give you all the worship today and exalt your name high above all things. Your name is Holy. I give you praise. I thank you and pray that I speak to your more, to have a better prayer life so that I may grow more in you and be more powerful in your name. I thank you for this rhema that you have given to me, and let it move my heart, let it change me so that I may pray with you more. I thank you and I give you all the glory, Father.
Amen.

No comments: