Thursday, February 22, 2007

Live His Words

Mark 4:16-17
16"And some are like the seed that lands in the gravel. When they first hear the Word, they respond with great enthusiasm. 17But there is such shallow soil of character that when the emotions wear off and some difficulty arrives, there is nothing to show for it.


There are many times when I would get so hyped up about the Lord. There are many times that you are on a emotional high, and you want to keep that high for the Lord, but then after living some days or some weeks, its all gone. When you hear God's words, you must live it and have it in you.

I am like this person sometimes when hey first hear the word, they respond with great enthusiasm, but after a while, it dies out. I need to build my character up so that I don't wear out God's words. His words can last forever if I keep it close to my heart.

Lord, I thank you and praise your holy name. I give you all the worship and everything I have. I thank you for this word, this word of strength. I know that I must keep your words close, let it build my character so that I may withstand many obsticles that I encounter. Lord, I thank you for this word. Let it strengthen me. I ask that you let me grow stronger in you and be with me as I do. I thank you. Let me live your words so that I don't lose your hype. I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: