Friday, February 23, 2007

Fitting Words

Mark 4:33-34
33With many stories like these, he presented his message to them, fitting the stories to their experience and maturity. 34He was never without a story when he spoke. When he was alone with his disciples, he went over everything, sorting out the tangles, untying the knots.


Everything that we may say are always heard. It can be heard by non-Christians, who then will think about us in a certain way. What we say about the Lord is also the same. They will take what we say and think about the Lord in a certain way. This verse reminds me to say what is right, His words. Let it be fitting to those that we speak to. Don't go off in tongues when sharing His words to non-believers. Also, this verse reminded me that Jesus was never without a story to tell to the people. Like P. Ray always says, always have a testimony to share to anyone when appropriate.

I first need to make sure that the things that I say are Godly words, words that reflect God's will. Second, I need to make sure that I have a testimony with me to share to those that need something to be shared to. There might be an instance when someone is talking to me and it is the perfect time to share a testimony with them, but I don't have one. Always have a testimony to share!

Lord, I thank you for you are so Holy. I thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Lord, I want to grow more in you. Let me grow in you through the words that I read. Let me speak only what you want me to speak. Let me be a witness to those around me so that it may show your glory. Lord, I pray that my testimony that I share with others will open their hearts to know you. Lord, I thank you for your rhema and I pray that you be with me that I may share your words. Give me courage and give me strength. I thank you and pray this all in your glory.
Amen.

No comments: