Monday, February 26, 2007

Holy Spirit Power

Mark 6:20
20because Herod was in awe of John. Convinced that he was a holy man, he gave him special treatment. Whenever he listened to him he was miserable with guilt--and yet he couldn't stay away. Something in John kept pulling him back.


John was born with the Holy Spirit. He was filled with the Holy Spirit and was using the power of it to share God's words. Whenever King Herod heard John speak, he was moved by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit moves hearts. When you know you have sined, the Holy Spirit shows it to you. That is the power that the Holy Spirit has. John was using the power of the Holy Spirit even when jailed up.

I know that the Holy Spirit gives me power to spread God's words. I need to learn how to use that power, the boldness, so that I can tell others about my Lord. I need to also know that the Holy Spirit is with me as I find opportunities to share God's words.

Father God, I thank you and praise your Holy name. I thank you for the power of the Holy Spirit. It has given me strength and courage to do your will. Lord, I pray that I use the power of the Holy Spirit to share your words. I pray that the Holy Spirit be used in your will. I want it to take control as I want to witness for you. Lord, I thank you for the gift you have given me. I thank you for the blessings you have put upon me. I give you all the honor and praise and all the glory goes to you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: