Tuesday, February 20, 2007

God's Given Skill

Exodus 31:1-6
1
GOD spoke to Moses: 2"See what I've done; I've personally chosen Bezalel son of Uri, son of Hur of the tribe of Judah. 3I've filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him skill and know-how and expertise in every kind of craft 4to create designs and work in gold, silver, and bronze; 5to cut and set gemstones; to carve wood--he's an all-around craftsman.
6"Not only that, but I've given him Oholiab, son of Ahisamach of the tribe of Dan, to work with him. And to all who have an aptitude for crafts I've given the skills to make all the things I've commanded you:


God has given us skills, talents. He wants us to use those talents for Him. He has commanded us to to things, build things, follow His commmands. We are suppose to use our talents and skills that we are blessed with for Him.

Am I using my talents that God has blessed me with for Him? Am I using it for his kingdom? I want to be used by my Lord with the talents which he has given me. If He says to do this for Him, I want to be able to do it. I want to multiply the talents which he gave me and give it all to Him.

Lord, I praise you for you are glorified. I thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Lord, I pray that the talents which you have blessed me with be talents that I may use for you. Lord, I thank you for these blessings. I thank you for everything you have done for me, my health, my family and friends, my talents. Lord, use me for your kingdom. Let me be a witness for you. Give me opportunities and give me wisdom and courage to do your will. I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: