Monday, January 22, 2007

Toys Will Be Toys, His Words Are More

The time is coming when the Master will strip them of their fancy baubles—the dangling earrings, anklets and bracelets, combs and mirrors and silk scarves, diamond brooches and pearl necklaces, the rings on their fingers and the rings on their toes, the latest fashions in hats, exotic perfumes and aphrodisiacs, gowns and capes, all the world's finest in fabrics and design. Isaiah 3:18-23

As I read this passage, it reminds me of how things are today. People, not just women, have jelwry and rings and chains and fine clothes, but its not just talking about fashion, its talking about the materials things that we all adorn. Everyone has something that they want, whether it be an iPod or a expensive bag, its something that we are attached to of this world. God is saying, "don't get too attached, because one day I'll take it all away."

Sometimes I might feel that I need or I really really want this and that. God says to not put that thing first, to not let yourself be too consumed by material things. I need to know God's words because His words will last forever. I shouldn't let the lastest tech gadget get me so rallied up that I make it so important in my life, because there are more important things in life than toys.

Lord, thank you for your word. I know that sometimes I may get so attached to earthly things because it makes me feel good or have fun or look good, but sometimes clothes will just be clothes, toys will just be toys, these things will not last forever. I pray that you let me do your will and know what will last forever, your words. I thank you for your word, Lord. I thank you for your blessings. I pray that you be with me and give me strength for this week. I give you all the glory Lord.
Amen.

No comments: