Sunday, January 21, 2007

Is Your Back To God?

Heaven and earth, you're the jury.
Listen to God's case:
"I had children and raised them well,
and they turned on me.
The ox knows who's boss,
the mule knows the hand that feeds him,
But not Israel.
My people don't know up from down.
Shame! Misguided God-dropouts,
staggering under their guilt-baggage,
Gang of miscreants,
band of vandals—
My people have walked out on me, their God,
turned their backs on The Holy of Israel,
walked off and never looked back. Isaiah 1:2-4

God is talking about His people, the Isrealites, but God is also speaking to me. He is saying that everyone is included in sin. Everyone has sin in their lives. Because of sin, we don't know good and evil. We are tempted by sin. Sin is in our natural beings. Since God's creation, sin has taken over humans to make us turn our backs from God. How many times have you turned your back on God?

Its a sin and temptation to do your own thing and just not think about what God wants in your life. He is our create and knows whats best for us, but sometimes, its hard to go through some trials and some problems because WE JUST DON'T WANT TO. Well, when I go through my temptations and problems, I won't turn my back on God. I pray that he is there with me at my side giving me strength. I need to give God glory and stay with him.

Father God, I thank you for your love that you have on my life. I thank you for your strength that you give me. I pray that you are with me as I struggle through my problems and my sins. I thank you for your Holy Spirit guiding me through these things. I pray, Lord, that I continue to seek you and to not turn my back on you during this week. I pray that I know that you are there with me. I thank you for everything Lord. I pray that you use me as I give your words tonight. I pray that whatever comes out of me is what you want, and not what I want, because all glory is given to you. I thank you for your blessings. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: