Friday, January 26, 2007

His Words My Strength

14-15"The farmer plants the Word. Some people are like the seed that falls on the hardened soil of the road. No sooner do they hear the Word than Satan snatches away what has been planted in them.

16-17"And some are like the seed that lands in the gravel. When they first hear the Word, they respond with great enthusiasm. But there is such shallow soil of character that when the emotions wear off and some difficulty arrives, there is nothing to show for it.

18-19"The seed cast in the weeds represents the ones who hear the kingdom news but are overwhelmed with worries about all the things they have to do and all the things they want to get. The stress strangles what they heard, and nothing comes of it.

20"But the seed planted in the good earth represents those who hear the Word, embrace it, and produce a harvest beyond their wildest dreams." Mark 4:14-20

These are the words of God. Let His words spread to all nations. I hope that all are like good soil that open up to His words and accept Him as their Lord and Savior. I know that the most difficult of these that often happens is when one hears His words and get all excited about it, but soon loses interest and forgets His words. These are words that don't stay.

I hope that the words that I get from the Lord stay with me. I want to always be energetic for the Lord. I want to remember His words and keep them close so that I may grow in Him. I need to His words for the temptation of sin, so that I can draw strength from His words.

Lord I thank you for your words. I pray that Your words stay with me no matter what. I have faith that your words are my strength, that I may draw your strength from your teachings. Lord, I pray that you let me encounter you this coming couple of days, that you move my heart and open me to your will. I give all things in your name. I pray that you be with me and give me something out of this encounter with you. I thank you for all your blessings and I give you all the glory.
Amen.

No comments: