Thursday, January 25, 2007

Forgiving All Things

"Listen to this carefully. I'm warning you. There's nothing done or said that can't be forgiven. But if you persist in your slanders against God's Holy Spirit, you are repudiating the very One who forgives, sawing off the branch on which you're sitting, severing by your own perversity all connection with the One who forgives." He gave this warning because they were accusing him of being in league with Evil. Mark 3:28-30

There is nothing greater than to forgive. To forgive is to still love. God is love, and therefore, he can forgive. His compassion is what forgives us of our sins, of our mistakes. Because he is God, he can forgive the biggest of things. I for one am thankful.

I know that God is the one who forgives. For every sin that I have commited against Him, he has forgiven me. Only he can forgive my sins. Only he has the love to clean my heart.

Lord, I thank you so much for your love and for your forgiveness. I am a sinner. I have done wrong against you. Lord, I thank you for being able to forgive me for my mistakes, and I am blessed to have your strength to fight against sin and against temptation. Lord, I give you all the glory, and I pray that you be with me so I don't sin against you. Give me power to do your will. I thank you and pray this all in Your Holy Name.
Amen.

No comments: