Sunday, January 14, 2007

God's Words

Behind and underneath all this there is a holy, God-planted, God-tended root. If the primary root of the tree is holy, there's bound to be some holy fruit. Some of the tree's branches were pruned and you wild olive shoots were grafted in. Yet the fact that you are now fed by that rich and holy root gives you no cause to crow over the pruned branches. Remember, you aren't feeding the root; the root is feeding you. Romans 11:16-18

Remember that the root of our lives is Jesus Christ. He is the one who provides for our needs. He is the one that makes us grow. Without His words, then we will not grow. His words are like water to our plants. We need His words to grow in Him.

I remember how important it is to water plants, and how it is more important to read God's words. His words is the key to growing a strong christian life. His rhema is needed to give my life a meaning and understanding of His words. I need his words everyday.

Lord, I thank you for your words. Without your words, I can fall in faith and strength. I need to read your words daily. I thank you for giving me discipline and strength to continue to read Your words even when I don't feel like it. I know that Your words will strengthen my faith. I pray that you continue to be with me as I seek your words. I pray for everything in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: