Monday, January 15, 2007

Doing Good Defeats Evil

Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he's thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good. Romans 12:20-21

Some say the best defense is a good offence. Just like in life, if you keep lettings things go by, nothing will happen. Sometimes you have to take charge of things and make things happen. If you just let the devil float among you, you will eventually fall. If you do something about it, you will have a fighting chance. I like how this verse says "Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good." If you fill your life with good things, then not only are you trying to stay away from evil temptations, but also you are defeating the devil by building on the kingdom of God.

This offensive strategy is one that pleases God. I need strength to fight temptation. I also need strength to continue to do the will of God. As I keep doing God's works, then I also fight off temptation. Give God Glory by doing all things in Him.

Father God, thank you for this rhema that you have given me. I know that you are my strength. As I give you all the glory, I hope that I may do it with your strength. I pray that you let your words guide my life. I pray that I continue to do your will and by doing so, gain strength to fight the temptations the devil puts in my life. I thank you for watching over my life. I pray that the church have the strength and power to go forth with Giving God Glory. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: