Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No Sleep In So Much

But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God. The night is about over, dawn is about to break. Be up and awake to what God is doing! God is putting the finishing touches on the salvation work he began when we first believed. We can't afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence, in sleeping around and dissipation, in bickering and grabbing everything in sight. Get out of bed and get dressed! Don't loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute. Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about! Romans 13:11-14

Even today, I woke up around 10:15 in the morning. Sometimes I get lots of sleep, sometimes I get a regular 7 hours of sleep. But, what this rhema speaks to me about, is that it isn't always good to lay around in bed all day long. There are things to do. I mean, sometimes its feels good to sleep in, but there is just so many hours in a day that you can't stay in bed all day long. God's things needs to be done, daily obligations need to be done.

As I like to do, I like to sleep in whenever I get a chance. Its ok if I do it once in a while, but to sleep in all the time makes me an EVEN MORE lazy person. Sometimes I need to get up and start doing things. I need to stop being lazy.

Lord, I thank you for your spirit. I thank you for your blessings and your power over my life. I pray that this rhema of sleeping in, moreso the sin of laziness, needs to stop. I thank you and pray that you give me strength to do your will. I pray that you help me be a more productive person and not to sleep in all the time when I need to get things done. I pray this in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

1 comment:

A Young said...

I think I'm going to use this for my Cell lesson as we go to tennis tonight.