Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Christians In Pairs

Jesus called the Twelve to him, and sent them out in pairs. He gave them authority and power to deal with the evil opposition. He sent them off with these instructions: Mark 6:7-8

As Jesus' example, christians do better when we are accountable to each other. He sent his disciples out in pairs because he wanted them to be accountable for each other. Having another christian with you will keep you strong. I know for a fact that when I am with my fellow brothers and sisters, they keep me walking in the Lord.

I am weak when I am by myself. Even with the Lord's strength and spirit, it is difficult to be a christian by myself. If I am with the Lord as well as with a brother or sister, then I am much stronger in the Lord. I need to always surround myself with people that I can trust and people who will keep me accountable to the Lord.

Father God, I thank you for your Holy Spirit. I give you all the honor and praise your Holy name. I also thank you for my brothers and sisters that keep me walking in your name. I am blessed to have them in my life. I thank you for them and right now I pray that you be with them as you have been with me. I pray that you watch over them and give them strength like you have given me. I thank you and give you all the glory.
Amen.

No comments: