Friday, December 15, 2006

Patience For Life

13 Then Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave him Hebron as his inheritance. 14 So Hebron has belonged to Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite ever since, because he followed the LORD, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly. 15 (Hebron used to be called Kiriath Arba after Arba, who was the greatest man among the Anakites.)
Then the land had rest from war. Joshua 14:13-15

Caleb was one of the spies that reported back to Moses. Because he was with the Lord, the Lord promised him an inheritance and this passage tells of him being rewarded after so many years. This shows me that sometimes, you might have to wait, some longer than others, to get what God has promised you. Caleb waited forty years to recieve his land from the Lord.

Patience is a key thing in life. I like to think I am a patient man. When you win something, it takes patience to wait to gain your rewards. When you ask God in prayer, you need patience from the Lord to wait on the answers. I think I need more patience no matter what the circumstance.

I pray a prayer of patience Lord. I ask your Holy Spirit to give me patience and guidance to be more patient especially during the holiday seasons when everything is going by so fast and everyone is in a rush. Lord, I ask that you change me heart and be with me as I live a life of patience for you. Thank you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: