Friday, December 01, 2006

No Fear Of The Lord

43And they were all amazed at the greatness of God.

While everyone was marveling at all that Jesus did, he said to his disciples, 44"Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you: The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men." 45But they did not understand what this meant. It was hidden from them, so that they did not grasp it, and they were afraid to ask him about it. Luke 9:43-45

Everyone is praising God because of Jesus' miracles. Then Jesus tells his disciples that he will one day leave them and be taken to heaven. They react in a funny way, with suprise and confusion, but are afraid to ask him about it. I believe that at this time, they only like to hear the good things that happen, but shut out the bad things. This shows me that I shouldn't be ignorant to such things. There are more than just good things going on in the world, and whatever problem I encounter I should turn to Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is my guide as well as a lead for myself to understand things that go wrong or problems in my life. Whatever my problem is, I must always ask God first for help and guidance. I should never be afraid to ask the Lord for guidance and anything that I feel I need help in my life for.

Lord I pray that you be my guide and also go to you for your help. I pray that I may never be afraid to ask you for help, even if I feel I don't need to ask you for your help. I thank you Lord for everything that you have given me. All the blessings that you have done for me. Thank you in the Lords name.
Amen.

No comments: