Saturday, December 02, 2006

Blessings Of Today

23Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. 24For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it." Luke 10:23-24

I find this verse to be full of joy, but also sorrow because it shows how blessed we are to have God in our lives. We who have the Lord with us do not live with sorrows and loneliness, but with joy that the Holy Spirit is our guide and a friend like Jesus to walk with us. It shows, even the prophets who lead the people to the Lord in the Old Testament were not blessed enough to see such things come and go, but we that live the days today are able to understand his word and live the way that he wants us to live.

This shows the extent of our blessings from the Lord. I need to always be appreciative for such things. If I was born in a time other than today, I don't know how I will feel. If I was born in a time where chaos and sin was ruling the nations, it would be much harder to live the way the Lord wants us to live. That is why I always have to give God all the glory and thanks for such blessings he has given to me.

Lord, I thank you from the bottom on my heart that you have blessed me abundantly. I pray that you give me a heart after your own heart. One that sees such goodness that goes on in our world. I thank you for letting me such miracles that occur and so much of your word spreading to others. I want this to give me encouragement to live for you Lord.
Amen.

No comments: