Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Friend To Keep The Lead

15 Now Jehoiada was old and full of years, and he died at the age of a hundred and thirty. 16 He was buried with the kings in the City of David, because of the good he had done in Israel for God and his temple.
The Wickedness of Joash
17 After the death of Jehoiada, the officials of Judah came and paid homage to the king, and he listened to them. 18 They abandoned the temple of the LORD, the God of their fathers, and worshiped Asherah poles and idols. Because of their guilt, God's anger came upon Judah and Jerusalem. 19 Although the LORD sent prophets to the people to bring them back to him, and though they testified against them, they would not listen. 2 Chronicles 23:15-19

Jehoiada was a great priest and official. He was a leader that lead the people to the Lord and kept the King guided in the Lord's path. Everyone needs someone to lead them, someone whom they can look up to. If you have someone to lead you, then you become stronger and grow in the Lord. If you don't, then you can fall away from the Lord.

I need someone in my life to look up to, a person to guide me and keep me accountable. I know that living a life for the Lord is tough, so therefore I need someone to help me. The Holy Spirit is there to give me strength, but a friend is good too.

Lord, I pray that I find someone to look up to, a mentor to guide me in the way that You want me to. I pray that the Holy Spirit also be my guide and give me strength to be a witness for you. Lord I pray that I live my life for you. I thank you for everything that you have done. I thank you for not making the accounting homework due because I know I probably wouldn't have finished it on time. I thank you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: