Saturday, November 18, 2006

Such Of Weak Faith

18When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money 19and said, "Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."

20Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin."

24Then Simon answered, "Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me." Acts 8:18-24

When I first read who this Simon person was, I immediately knew that he was someone who is bad. He was some kind of magician who was playing for people to get their attention. Fame and fortune was his goal. When he saw Peter and John with the Holy Spirit's power, he wanted it. And even after he was told of his sin, he didn't have faith enough to say his own prayer. He was not close with God. He wanted them to say a prayer for him because he doesn't think that his prayer is enough to please God.

I hope I never have such a weak a faith as Simon. I want to be bold and couragous. I never ever want to think that my faith is not good enough for God. I want to have a big amount of faith to please God. I want to have a big enough of faith even when I sin against his word, so that I know that my faith in Jesus Christ will release me of my sins.

Father, thank you for everything that you have given me. Thank you for my faith that I have in you so that I may rejoice that I believe that you died for my sins and that I live with you. I pray that my faith be big and bold so that I may have the Holy Spirit power to be big and bold for you. Thank you for such a great lesson in your word Lord as I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: