Thursday, November 23, 2006

Shake It Off

49The word of the Lord spread through the whole region. 50But the Jews incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men of the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51So they shook the dust from their feet in protest against them and went to Iconium. 52And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. Acts 13:49-52

Sometimes the world will get you down and you won't have such a good day. Some things may go wrong in life, but you just have to shrug it off and move on and be glad. The disciples were kicked out of the town they were preaching to, but they shook it off and went on to the next region with gladness of the Holy Spirit.

I need to be glad even when things aren't going good. I need to have the Holy Spirit be my guide as I can't get things to work, or if things just don't go the way I want it to. I need the Holy Spirit to be with me and give me a joyful heart.

Father, thank you for your blessings. I thank you for blessing me with such wonderful family and friends that care for me so much. Thank you for giving me a prosperous life Lord. I pray that things will go easy, but if they don't, don't let me get all angry or mad, but give me a joyful heart so that I may know that you are God. I give you all the glory and honor.
Amen.

No comments: