Friday, November 24, 2006

Discipleship Is The Key

21They preached the good news in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, 22strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said. 23Paul and Barnabas appointed elders[a] for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust. Acts 14:21-23

Paul and Barnabas had gone through the region preaching and won many to the Lord, but at the end of their journey, they went back to dispicle them. They set up a G12 system where they would have leaders and elders. Discipleship is the key to having a strong relationship with God.

I want to be able to witness to others and even be a good disciple as well as disciple others. I need to learn to be a good leader and be accountable to my leader as well as others.

Father, thank you so much for others that are accountable for me. I pray that I may be a good witness for you and also a good disciple. I need the Holy Spirit to guide me. Discipleship is the key and I pray that you one day make me able to disciple others. Thank you for everything in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: