Sunday, November 26, 2006

Acts To Strengthen Faith

36Some time later Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us go back and visit the brothers in all the towns where we preached the word of the Lord and see how they are doing." 37Barnabas wanted to take John, also called Mark, with them, 38but Paul did not think it wise to take him, because he had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in the work. 39They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus, 40but Paul chose Silas and left, commended by the brothers to the grace of the Lord. 41He went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches. Acts 15:36-41

John, also called Mark, was someone who Paul thought was not ready to go with them to strengthen the church. He felt that John didn't have enough experience and faith because he took a break from the ministry. What Barnabas felt was to push John's faith on this by having him come along for the journey through the churches. If John went with them, then he will be strengthening his faith and growing in the Lord.

I find myself somewhat like John, where I need to strengthen my faith. I might think like Paul where I feel I'm not ready for some things, but sometimes I just have to think like Barnabas and think positively and have a big faith so that I may grow in the Lord.

Father, you are Lord of all things and Lord of me. Your Holy Spirit guides me and strengthens me to do your works. I pray that I may have faith in you that your Holy Spirit gives me strength to do all things in your name. Lord I pray that I don't slack behind and lose faith, but do your works, your ministry so that I may grow in you. Thank you for your Spirit of Guideness Lord.
Amen.

No comments: