Monday, November 27, 2006

Christ's Example For Life

1He came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was a Jewess and a believer, but whose father was a Greek. 2The brothers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him. 3Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. Acts 16:1-3

Timothy was circumcised by Paul to show to his father and all the people in the town that he was going to follow Christ. This is because his father was Greek, so ususally you follow your father's faith, but by being circumcised, he shows to everyone that he is following Christ.

This is something like being baptized in water. It shows to everyone that you are following Christ. But, you don't need to have these acts to show that you are "Christ-like" because your daily life should be an example of your christian faith. The way that I live should show others that I am a christian and I follow my Lord God. I want others to say that they can tell I am a christian.

Father, thank you for everything you have done in my life. Thank you for your blessings and watching over me. I pray that I be a good witness for you. I want to be an example of Christ. I want my life to show others that I have a relationship with my God. Thank you this week. I pray this all in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: