Sunday, November 12, 2006

Look At Me!

2Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" 5So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them. Acts 3:2-5

When I read this passage, I was really surprised at the first impression that Peter gave to the crippled man. For some reason I have never remembered these couple of verses before the miricle. It says Peter tells the cripple man to look at them. This means that the cripple man wasn't really paying attention to the people passing by. Peter and John were passing by and the guy didn't notice them. Peter had to get his attention. When Peter told the man to look at them, then he was able to heal the cripple man. What I got from this is that prebelievers are not paying attention. You must get them to "look at you" before anything can even happen. Before you go and witness to them you must FIRST get their attention.

I need to be more direct when I share the gospel of Jesus christ. I need to get people's attention so that they may listen and understand more clearly what I have to say to them. I can't just go about my life through my daily routine and hope that someone comes up to me and ask me about God. I must get people's attention. I must be more open to people so that they are more open to me. THEN I will be able to have opportunities to share the word with them.

Father God, thank you for such a great lesson for me. I need your spirit of courage and power to be more of a witness to others. I need your Holy Spirit to get people's attention. I don't say that in a immature way, but in a way where I can understand others and get closer to others so that I may have more opportunities to share your word with them. Father bless this Rhema that I got from your word and let it be my guide through this week. Thank you for everything under Your Holy Name.
Amen.

No comments: