Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Humorous God

12So they stirred up the people and the elders and the teachers of the law. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin. 13They produced false witnesses, who testified, "This fellow never stops speaking against this holy place and against the law. 14For we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs Moses handed down to us."

15All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel. Acts 5:12-15

This verse that I found is probably the most humorous one in this whole chapter. They way that they make it sound seems like they're joking. They make him sound soo bad, then at the end its like "they look at him and saw his face was like that of an angel." Isn't that nuts! Who ever says that a grown man has the face of an angel. Now you know thats when the Holy Spirit is working. Only the Holy Spirit can make men see another man with a face of an angel. All joking aside, it seems that everything goes right when you have the Holy Spirit with you. Even when all things seems to go against you, you must put your trust in the Lord and he will make your face look like that of an angel.

I must learn to trust in the Lord when things don't go my way. When everyone is against me, only he is still with me, and thats all that I need. When I feel that the Holy Spirit guides me, then I can have "a face of an angel." He will make everything right, sometimes in a weird way.

Father thank you so much for having me need you, because without you, I would be nothing. If people were against me, I wouldn't have you get me out of it. I love my God because sometime you can get humorous with me. You are not mean and unjust, but one that cares and has a sense of humor. Thank you Father and in Jesus name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: