Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Promises And Peace

Joshua 14:3-15
13 Then Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave him Hebron as his inheritance. 14 So Hebron has belonged to Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite ever since, because he followed the LORD, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly. 15 (Hebron used to be called Kiriath Arba after Arba, who was the greatest man among the Anakites.)

Then the land had rest from war.


After the Israelite conquered the land, they were given their inheritance that the Lord had promise them, the land was given to them. Then there was no war. This was a time of settlement and of rest.

For so long, the people of Israel were wandering and fighting and surviving, and now after so long, they have a place to call home, and they do not have to fight. The Lord did not just give them land, but also gave them peace. I believe the Lord can still do that for us. The Lord can give us peace from the struggles and battles. I believe in the promises of God.

Father God, I give you honor and glory and praise and I give you all that you deserve. I give thanks for the blessings that you give me, and I pray over the words that You have spoken to me. I know that struggles may be tough, and hardships may come, but I believe that You give peace, and that You fulfill the promises of Your word. I pray for these things, that we can have peace in You. Let this be seeded in my heart. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: