Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Faithful Servant To The Lord

Deu 34:4-10
4 Then the LORD said to him, “This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it.”

5 And Moses the servant of the LORD died there in Moab, as the LORD had said. 6 He buried him in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over.

9 Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the LORD had commanded Moses.

10 Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,


This passage speaks of the last days of Moses, a great Man of God, and faithful servant. He was shown the land that God promised to His people, and he was laid to rest there on the mountain.

After reading what we have about the servant Moses, it really shows the life of a true faithful servant. God praises him in this passage for the faith and works that he has done. In the same way, God uses people to serve like Moses served. Afterwards, He filled Joshua with wisdom to lead. Today, the Holy Spirit leads us to serve.

Father God, I give you all the honor and glory. I praise Your name on high, and lift You up above all. I pray for a servants heart. I pray for a faithful heart to serve my God. I pray, Holy Spirit, that you continue to guide me and strength me. Allow me to be a faithful servant that does good works for the Lord. I pray that I may allow myself to be changed and humbled. Give me strength, because I can't do it alone. I thank you for all that You have blessed me with, encouraged me with, and lifted me up. I give all the glory to Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments: