Monday, January 31, 2011

Never Resisting The Holy Spirit

Acts 7:51-53
51 “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit! 52 Was there ever a prophet your ancestors did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Righteous One. And now you have betrayed and murdered him— 53 you who have received the law that was given through angels but have not obeyed it.”


The norm is to resist the Holy Spirit and not listen to the Lord. It is easy to live by the world and to just live our life, but the Holy Spirit speaks if we allow.

This passages speaks to never resist the Holy Spirit. There will be times when I just want to give in to my flesh, but I need to allow Him to work through me.

Holy is Your name, Lord. I praise you with all that I have. I give you my thanks for your grace and your mercy. Thank you for who You are in my life. I pray for more and more of You each day, Lord. I ask that my heart and my spirit not ever resist You, but to desire You each day. Let your Glory overflow into my life. Thank you Lord. I pray this in Your Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: