Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Humbling Experience

Phil 2:5-8
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!


I think one of the toughest thing to do is to humble yourself to others. I see it all the time, that the pride of people take over. Jesus showed us the most humble act of being man. Against pride, we must humble ourselves to others and especially to God Himself.

I need to constantly and proactively remember to humble myself. I know that sometimes I can get prideful of myself, and I need God's help in humbling myself. I allow God to have His way with me, and to lead me instead of taking lead myself.

Father God, I thank you so much for being the Lord of my life. It is so important that I know who you are, and that I hear you, and know the plans that you have for me. I humble myself to you, that you may have your way. I take no credit, but know that I am blessed by You, and that You have granted me favor in all that I am. I thank you so much, Lord. Continue to use me and show me the plans you have for me. I give you all the glory in Jesus mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: