Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Loving With A Pure Heart

1 Tim 1:5-7
5The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. 7They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.


God is speaking and putting things in pain terms. Instead of thinking, analyzing, debating, having meaningless talk, His command is to love, and love with a pure heart.

It's not that talking is not a bad thing, but when it gets too much and to lose focus on what God is, the goal is to love, and I think I am guilty of thinking too much, and needing to just love more with a pure heart.

Father God, I pray for the love that I do not have in me, and to reach out to have Your love. I thank you for your words that speak to me, and I pray that you may show your love through me. Give me the ability to love when I may not. Let your spirit overflow with a pure heart to love others. I pray all these things in Your Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: