Thursday, April 08, 2010

Wanting Nothing More Than God

Exodus 38:24
24 The total amount of the gold from the wave offering used for all the work on the sanctuary was 29 talents and 730 shekels, according to the sanctuary shekel.


Wow, the amount of gold recorded here weighs more than one ton used in the making of the sanctuary.

Imagine all that gold in one place. Something like this would likely make someone want to covet it and steal it. I know if all that gold was in front of me, I would have a hard time wanting some of it. God provides so abundantly, that people didn't really want to steal from God. They feared and revered the Lord, and gave abundantly.

Father, I pray that you be so glorified just like how You were when You had your sanctuary made. I pray that nothing in the world would make me want to steal from You, but to give you all that you deserve. You are some awesome and I thank you so much. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: