Monday, March 01, 2010

Not Letting Your Worries Get The Best Of You

Exodus 24:15-18
15 When Moses went up on the mountain, the cloud covered it, 16 and the glory of the LORD settled on Mount Sinai. For six days the cloud covered the mountain, and on the seventh day the LORD called to Moses from within the cloud. 17 To the Israelites the glory of the LORD looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain. 18 Then Moses entered the cloud as he went on up the mountain. And he stayed on the mountain forty days and forty nights.


This is an account of when God calls Moses up the mountain to receive the ten commandments. Moses went up there and stayed there for a very long time, more than forty days and forty nights.

It says in the beginning of this passage that the Lord called Moses on the seventh day, meaning Moses was waiting up there for seven days. I would probably be anxious and worried and lots of emotions and thoughts would run through my head. In this situation, God gave Moses patients and to just focus on Him.

Father God, you are so good. This is a great reminder of who You are and the glory that you deserve. This passage shows me that I need to have patients and to wait on You, to trust you in all that I do. Allow me not to be anxious and to have worrying thoughts run wild, but to keep my focus on You and to trust You, because you have set a path for me. Thank you Jesus. I pray this in Your mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: