Sunday, February 28, 2010

Swayed By Words Of Men

Exodus 23:2-3
2 "Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd, 3 and do not show favoritism to a poor man in his lawsuit.


These are laws that were given to Moses and the people of Israel from God. These laws were to guide the people and to have them follow it. One of these laws was to be honest and not give into the peer pressure.

So often we are swayed by the opinions and thoughts of what others think of us. We are so consumed by judgment and pressure, that we fail to focus our attention on the One who matters.

Father God, I pray for these words to bring rhema to my life. I pray for your Holy Spirit to speak to me and to guide me. Let me not be swayed by the words of men, but to focus on You. I pray for honesty and Your discernment. Thank you for being with me and blessing me. I give you honor and praise and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: