Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Can't Contain The Glory Of The Lord

Exodus 33:18-20
18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."

19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."


Here, Moses asks God to show himself in a tangle form so that he may know God. God then shows him a form, but not His entirety, since that would be too much.

We can not contain what God is. We can not put a form to His image. He is beyond what we can understand and what we can know. God is great. Doing so really degrades the true nature of the Lord.

Father God, I honor You and I worship You. You are so awesome. Your glory is so great. There is none that can contain who You are. I pray that Your glory not be contained, but that You may be known. Let Your Holy Spirit reign. I thank you for all that You have done. You are so great. You have shown me favor and have blessed me. This attests even further of How great You are. I give you all the honor and glory and praise in Jesus Mighty name.
Amen.

No comments: