Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God's Laws As Guidance

Exodus 21:1
1 "These are the laws you are to set before them:


In this passage, God speaks to Moses and lets the people know what the laws are in terms for marriage, and murder, and servant hood, among other things.

Although it seems like these are all outdated, God mentioned these laws as a guidance to our living in accordance with what He wants. Although the law is good, it is not everything, and more importantly to follow God's spiritual guidance.

Father God, I thank you for your laws and I pray for an understanding that You have given to your people to follow these laws. I pray even more for spiritual laws, and to follow You in these things as well. I ask that You give me guidance. Allow me to hear from You. I pray for your word to speak mightily. You are so great, Lord. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: