Wednesday, January 27, 2010

God Blesses The Barely Mentioned

Exodus 1:20-21
20 So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous. 21 And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families of their own.


Shiphrah and Puah were the names of the two midwives that were in charge of killing the baby boys, but because they obeyed God over Pharaoh, God was pleased with this and blessed them.

These two names are hidden in the whole Bible, yet they were written down here in Exodus so that we may draw rhema from God's word. God blesses these two for their obedience in Him. Even the insignificant and barely mentioned people in the Bible play a huge role in God's plan, and He blesses them.

Father God, I thank you for knowing and loving me. You saved me to allow me to know You. It is awesome that you care even for the people who think they don't mean anything. You bless them, and you bless me. Thank you so much, Lord. You are the great One. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: