Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Restored In A Humble Heart

Dan 4:37
37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.


The king had a dream where he would be driven away from his people and go crazy and start to be like an animal, but later restored and take his throne again. Through this, God was able to turn the king from his wicked ways and focus on God in Heaven.

I like this passage because it shows humility and humbleness in our lives, or the need of it. We are to be humble before God and men. Sometimes, He needs to remind us of it. I would say better to change yourself than to go through what the king went through in order to find humility.

Father God, I thank you for the glory that you have shown me. I praise you with all that I have. Sometimes, I know You deserve more, and I pray that I may give all that I am to glorify your mighty name. You have taken me through many journeys and seasons, and you have shown me how to humble myself. Continue to reveal to me a servant's heart, and renew Your Holy Spirit in me. I pray that this may give you all the honor and glory in Jesus name.
Amen

No comments: